Post  mobileusa on March 31st 2009, 1:27 pm

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/23400/
    CloudStrife

Number of posts : 92
    Thanked by peers : 0
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Re: way to go Beck.....

Post  CloudStrife on March 31st 2009, 11:19 pm

His show is awesome. He grilled the head of the Communist party USA the same way.
    mobileusa

Number of posts : 564
    Thanked by peers : 12
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post  mobileusa on April 2nd 2009, 7:42 pm

I was getting a little tired of the antics then I saw his interview....makes me proud...

Larry D

Number of posts : 47
    Registration date : 2009-02-03

Post  Larry D on April 6th 2009, 5:37 am

He is a ray of hope and sanity in a gloomy world of News anchors and commentators that have lost touch with reality. "Talking Heads". I graduated with a degree in journalism many years ago and eventually ended up being sent to New York. For several years I was an accredited United Nations correspondent. That was really gloomy. In Journalism school the professors always liked to poke fun at television news commentators that sit there and read the news off the teleprompters. They called them "Talking Heads". Not much has changed except CNN hiring former beauty queens and promoting them to anchor rolls with six figure saleries to read the news and ask the questions and make the comments that their off camera producers whisper or scream in their ear. One thing that has changed in our Pollitically Correct News World is the absurd instance of finding and airing an Opposing Opinion. No matter what the subject, there is always somewhere, some place someone that can be found and rushed through make-up, slapped in the face with powder to take the shine off their noses and thrown in front of the camera to give an oppposing opinion no matter how stupid... or if they agree with me... how brilliant.

The funny thing is the use of the word "but". Listen for it... just about every commentary is followed by .... "but"... nothing is ever straigt forward, there is always a "but", always an opposing opinion... or something that can go wrong... whatever. No longer do serious journalists refer to tv news commentators as "Talking Heads"... they are now "Talking Buts". They must have to take a class on that.... "How to Use Your But". To be anchors you must use your buts. To sound intelligent, don't use your head, use your "but"... So, whenever you watch the news shows with all the equal and opposite paid political commentators, every time you hear the word "but"... just say outloud... "Talking Buts... Talking Buts". It helps put everything into perspective. Of course, this doesn't apply to MSNBC commentators. They have perfected the art the Talking But, fine tuned it... MSNBC, for the most part are "Talking... you know the active part... the trumpet... the Sousafone... the French Horn... I can't say Shofar because they are so anti-Israel it would be an insult to any ram's horn, although I can think a better use of a ram's horn sometimes when I listen to their totally biased, lost touch with reality comments on the Middle East and disgust for America in general.
    CloudStrife

Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post  CloudStrife on April 6th 2009, 6:56 am

It drives me up a wall when people can't seem to give a yes or no answer like in the video above or the many many other interviews I've seen involving politicians. It runs on the right and left, but the left, being wrong most of the time, is guilty of it more of the time.

I think Fox News has a lot of good shows. I like Hannity and O'Reilly too. To me, Glenn and the others aren't talking heads because they believe what they are saying. They say what they mean and mean what they say (as Glenn says quite often nowadays). They have strong beliefs and nothing to hide, so their reliance on a script is minimal.

Django1

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-02-27

Post  Django1 on February 28th 2010, 3:31 pm

I just watched part of his address at CPAC. I suppose he is good for entertainment and he doesn't use any big words so he is easy to understand. He is about as subtle as diarrhea . People like him are part of the problem: they say the same stuff as the common man so that the common man feels smart. I'm not sure why people want to be governed by people who don't know words longer than two syllables. I certainly don't mind my doctor being educated and using big words.

What does Beck actually propose, going back to an idealized government-less America that never existed? He is calling out progressives for utopianism but is a utopianist himself. Someone please point me to a place and time where a people governed themselves (no central government) and these people had a higher standard of living and more freedom than in the actual United States? It doesn't exist.
    Strangely, while Beck tries to vilify "progressives" as communists he is a progressive himself isn't? Is he proposing regression?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is September 22nd 2017, 5:49 am