May 24th 2011, 12:07 pm by oddjobs

Onix Monitor One

Uncle Paul

Number of posts : 11
    Thanked by peers : 10
    Registration date : 2010-03-30

Onix Monitor One

Post  Uncle Paul on April 29th 2010, 11:07 am

Wanted to post my experience with the Onix Monitor One that was purchased from Hugh.

I was originally planning on setting up a 2 channel listening system in my living room, but the size and layout of the room did not lend itself to the best listening experience along with a significant WAF.

Hugh looked around my home, and suggested I simply replace my L/R speakers (RS 250's) with a pair of Monitor One's. I was to keep my Big Foot as a center channel, and he expected these to work well together.

Well, Hugh was certaintly correct. Getting rid of the RS 250 and replacing them with the Monitor One's solved my problem completely. While the RS 250's were pretty good speakers, they pailed in comparison to the Onix Monitor One's.

I now have a fantastic 2 channel experience in my family room, where I spend most of my time. Seamless, well integrated front sound in 5.1 mode for Cinema, and comfortable listening for a great 2 channel experience.

I have had this for months now, and never got around to thanking Hugh for his professional advice, saving me a ton of money, and simplifying my life.

Hugh...I owe you a big one. cheers
    mobileusa

Number of posts : 564
    Thanked by peers : 12
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Re: Onix Monitor One

Post  mobileusa on April 29th 2010, 1:25 pm

Congrats Uncle Paul...and Hugh. It's great to hear a satisfied fellow member and music lover... Razz

Hugh

Number of posts : 186
    Thanked by peers : 28
    Registration date : 2010-02-27

Post  Hugh on April 30th 2010, 7:33 am

UP,

Your happiness is my pleasure Sir.
    johzel

Number of posts : 81
    Thanked by peers : 0
    Registration date : 2010-02-28

Post  johzel on May 1st 2010, 7:03 am

Uncle Paul,

How would the Monitors sound with a subwoofer in 2-channel listening? Do you have any experience with other monitor sized speakers to compare to. Like the Reference 1's for example?

Uncle Paul

Number of posts : 11
    Thanked by peers : 10
    Registration date : 2010-03-30

Post  Uncle Paul on May 1st 2010, 11:25 am

Johnzel.

Before the Monitor 1's I had the Rocket RS250 speakers of about the same size.

They were paired with a Sunfire 2700 watt sub woofer. (Tiny sub with great giant killing performance.)

I always thought these were pretty good speakers, till I heard the Monitor 1's.

The Monitor 1's had much more range and substance. More clear without being harsh.

I have listened to Ref 1's, and loved their sound, but I got fatigued listening to them after a while. Perhaps a little too brilliant for me. Maybe with a tube amp they would sound better

The Monitor 1's had all the detail and more than the Ref 1's. They are in no way harsh, and to my ears offer much more.

Hugh came up with this solution to my dilema.

So to answer your question, I am currently using them with the sub hooked up to my Cinema system, and it sounds fantastic.

One of the issues is that my room has 20' ceilings, and not every speaker can fill out the large space. To me the Monitor 1's are far superior to the Rockets, and a notch above the Refs.
    mobileusa

Number of posts : 564
    Thanked by peers : 12
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post  mobileusa on May 1st 2010, 11:36 am

Uncle Paul wrote:Johnzel.

Before the Monitor 1's I had the Rocket RS250 speakers of about the same size.

They were paired with a Sunfire 2700 watt sub woofer. (Tiny sub with great giant killing performance.)

I always thought these were pretty good speakers, till I heard the Monitor 1's.

The Monitor 1's had much more range and substance. More clear without being harsh.

I have listened to Ref 1's, and loved their sound, but I got fatigued listening to them after a while. Perhaps a little too brilliant for me. Maybe with a tube amp they would sound better

The Monitor 1's had all the detail and more than the Ref 1's. They are in no way harsh, and to my ears offer much more.

Hugh came up with this solution to my dilema.

So to answer your question, I am currently using them with the sub hooked up to my Cinema system, and it sounds fantastic.

One of the issues is that my room has 20' ceilings, and not every speaker can fill out the large space. To me the Monitor 1's are far superior to the Rockets, and a notch above the Refs.
    ...coming from you, that says alot!

Hugh

Number of posts : 186
    Thanked by peers : 28
    Registration date : 2010-02-27

Post  Hugh on May 1st 2010, 1:36 pm

To add to what UP said, the Ref1 was replaced by the Music1 and in all seriousness, the Monitor1 is designed to be 1 step above.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is July 28th 2017, 12:40 am